Life membership can be awarded to nominated individuals who meet at least two of the following criteria:
been a member of the Association for 10 or more years including current financial member;
served as a council member of the AEA;
contributed significantly through research or other involvement in epidemiology either
a) to the international reputation of Australasian epidemiology, or
b) to the advancement of public health in Australasia.
- 2008 Basil Hetzel and Lyn Watson
- 2009 John Langley and Neil Pearce
- 2010 Robert Cumming
- 2011 Carol Bower, Stephen Leeder and Michael Alpers
- 2012 Roy Scragg
- 2013 Annette Dobson and Adele Green
- 2014 Robert Scragg and Rod Jackson
The AEA Mentoring Awards were introduced in 2010 to recognise a senior member of AEA who has made a significant contribution to mentoring early-career practitioners in the fields of epidemiology, biostatistics or related disciplines.
- 2010 Lyn Fritschi, Alison Venn
- 2011 Joan Cunningham
- 2013 John Lynch, Christine Roberts
- 2014 Siranda Torvaldsen, Rod McClure
Mid-Career International Travel Award
Introduced in 2012, this award supports a mid-career member of the Association to undertake travel for professional purposes.
- 2012 Belinda Gabbe, Xue Qin Yu
- 2013 Jane Hocking, Brigid Lynch
- 2014 Kylie Smith, Lisa Smithers
Early Career Researcher Travel Award
The Early Career Researcher Travel Awards were introduced in 2010 to support travel for professional purposes. Postgraduate student members are eligible for these awards.
- 2010 Colleen O’Leary, Hannah Moore
- 2011 Tessa Keegel, Aung Ko Win
- 2012 Rosanne Freak-Poli, Yu Sun Bin
- 2013 Matthew Page, Sheena Sullivan
- 2014 Bronwyn Brew, Fabian Kong