Your new role
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior biostatistician or bioinformatics expert experienced in analysing medical related data to work for Curtin University on a full-time basis.
We are seeking an individual capable of developing their own research linkages, whilst undertaking strategic evaluation of the medical discipline within the Curtin Medical School (CMS). A track record in grant success is required.
The evaluation tasks in the discipline of medicine will enable it to meet ongoing requirements of the Australian Medical Council. This will include producing an annual evaluation plan, undertaking work capable of meeting accreditation standards and being published in teaching research literature.
The Evaluation Lead will also assist CMS students and staff with statistical plans and analysis of wider Curtin Medical School research. They will develop their own research linkages and develop research outcomes individually and in collaborative teams.
In this role you will….
- Lead a small team within the discipline of medicine focussed on discipline of medicine requirements for evaluation;
- Participate in course delivery and medical education unit committees to ensure maximisation of teaching, curriculum and assessment data to facilitate evaluation and translate this into publishable teaching research outcomes;
- Assist in accreditation responsibilities of the discipline of medicine;
- Participate in research in your specialty area and consider supervision of honours or PhD students where relevant to your research;
- Secure research funding for projects through applications for research grants;
- Collaborate with researchers in our other Curtin Medical School disciplines to develop and analyse research projects;
- Provide pastoral care to students when required; and
- Contribute to assessment and examination processes.
- Report directly to the Dean of Curtin Medical School for research and strategic planning but to the discipline lead of medicine on a daily basis for medical discipline evaluation tasks.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Professor Julie Quinlivan, Dean, Head of Curtin Medical School on 08 9266 5240.
For more information: https://staff.curtin.edu.au/job-vacancies/?ja-job=603897
Job Closing Date: 18-12-2022 23:30
Contact: Curtin Careers