Our vision is to be the technology provider of choice for the Australian healthcare sector and to find better ways to serve patients in a connected world.
Telstra Health has been selected by the Australian Government to deliver and operate the Australian National Cancer Screening Register (NCSR). The NCSR team is committed to reducing the incidence of cancer through increasing population participation in screening for bowel and cervical cancer and supporting the population-based cancer screening programs.
The NCSR (the Register) will contain over 20 million records of Australians participating in cervical and bowel cancer screening.
As a Biostatistician/Epidemiologist within the NCSR business you will be part of a high-performing team responsible for ensuring our internal and external stakeholders have access to high quality data, reporting and analytics which will in turn improve public health outcomes, data quality and operational efficiency.
Working within a wider team of Epidemiologists and reporting/data experts you will:
- Perform data analysis and deliver reports to internal stakeholders to support operational activities and governance forums
- Perform statistical analyses and deliver reports to external stakeholders to contribute to screening program objectives
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns in data as well as data quality issues and provide reporting to support data remediation activities
- Provide methodological advice to support screening program reporting
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A passion for interpreting results for insights and actionable recommendations
- Experience as an epidemiologist with strong quantitative skills, or as a biostatistician with a strong understanding of epidemiological methods
- Skilled in the manipulation of large data sets
- Advanced expertise in the use of statistical software packages
- Tertiary qualification (Masters or PhD) in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics or like
Essential requirement: The candidate will need to meet the requirements of and obtain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency Baseline Security Clearance. Australian Citizenship is an essential criteria for this application.
If you are comfortable to adapt quickly to change and can learn in a fast paced environment then please apply via this link: https://www.livehire.com/careers/telstra-health/job/EB3AH/77RMISTEIH/biostatistician-epidemiologist