Develop and lead a program of high-quality research of international standing and make a significant contribution to the Menzies research profile.
In the role you will:
- Undertake high-quality research of national and international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research by higher degree students to completion.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally and nationally within the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
- Supervise and mentor research by higher degree and honours students and staff.
- Contribute to internal development at Menzies through involvement in Institute planning activities and active membership of selected Institute committees and community engagement activities.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the Tasmanian Cancer Register and associated services, resources and affiliations.
You will be employed on a Full Time, Fixed Term (5 year) basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A doctoral qualification in a field relevant to cancer research with demonstrated academic merit in the field appropriate to a level D/E.
- Strong evidence of sustained, high quality research output relevant to cancer including the publication of scholarly papers in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- Substantial success in achieving competitive grant funding, commercial consultancies and other sources of research funding.
- Outstanding experience in providing research leadership, including recruiting, supervising and developing research staff and students and achieving a high level of research higher degree completions.
- Proven experience in managing ethical issues, project budgeting and WHS as a research leader.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D or E and will have a total remuneration package of up to $205,204 comprising base salary within the range of either $136,010 to $150,784 for level D, or $173,651 to $175,388 for level E, plus 17% superannuation.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
To apply, please visit http://www.utas.edu.au/jobs
Job no. 493006
Applications close Thursday, 31 January 2019, 11.55pm.