- Part time fixed term (32 hours per week) - 12 month period
- Progress Your Career Today!
- Fitzroy location
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a Catholic not-for-profit healthcare provider with a reputation for compassionate care and world-leading innovation. Part of the St Vincent’s Health Australia group, we are a leading tertiary teaching hospital providing a comprehensive suite of services including medical and surgical, cancer, sub-acute care, allied health, specialist clinics, diagnostics and community and outreach services. The quality of our specialist aged care, palliative care, Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander, correctional and mental health services and our support for the marginalised and disadvantaged is widely recognised. Employing more than 6,000 staff across 18 sites throughout Melbourne and with over 880 beds in daily use, the core aim of SVHM is to improve the patient experience through better access, superior outcomes and a more efficient and responsive health service.
The Department of Rheumatology provides a comprehensive clinical Rheumatology service to the Hospital. It is one of the leading centres for the management of Scleroderma in Australia and has developed a National Scleroderma Research Program.
About the Role
We are seeking a Research Biostatistician to commence 4th February 2019 on a part time fixed term basis, working 32 hours per week for the duration of 12 months. The Research Biostatistician is to analyse data for research studies of ASCS, one of the world’s largest scleroderma cohorts and databases. The Research Biostatistician will work in the department of Rheumatology at St. Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne, alongside other members of the research team, including project officers, post-doctoral fellows, PhD students and research nurses. As this is a clinical research environment, patients attending clinics or clinical trial visits will be seen in adjacent consulting rooms.
- Perform statistical analyses for (i) various projects using data from the prospective scleroderma cohort study database, and (ii) investigator-led clinical trials in scleroderma
- Perform sample size calculations and assist in the preparation of research grant applications
- Assist in the write-up of methods and results sections of research papers
- Advise and assist PhD students and post-doctoral researchers with statistical analyses
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in Biostatistics
- Must be able to perform descriptive and inferential statistics including univariable, multivariable, survival and meta-analyses, and create various graphs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with researchers who are not experts in biostatistics
How to apply
For further information, please visit our https://svha.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SVHA_SVHM/job/Fitzroy-Melbourne/Research-Biostatistician_JR105677-1
Job ref: JR105677
Applications close on Monday 17 December 2018