- Actively contribute to cancer control and research
- Part time (0.6 FTE) fixed term position for 12 months – St Kilda Road, Melbourne location
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. The Victorian Cancer Registry (VCR) is responsible for the support of epidemiological, clinical, behavioural and health services research through proving comprehensive and accurate information for cancer control. The VCR operates a number of programs with aims to generate descriptive statistics on the occurrence of cancer in Victoria as well as facilitate cancer genetics research and provision of clinical services to families. The VCR Recruitment Services Team identifies and approaches eligible cases to participate in research.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Data Manager to join the VCR's small and dedicated Recruitment Studies team.
You will be responsible for the:
- Identification of patients meeting the eligibility criteria for approved studies
- Managing and monitoring all aspects of the patient approach process
- Fast track processing of registrations, provision of data and reports, administration of quality assurance programs and the release of contact information for consenting patients.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience in clinical data management including ability to manage a database to ensure information is complete, accurate and accessible.
- The ability to review pathology reports, follow and monitor adherence to standard protocols and have a strong appreciation of medical profession etiquette and ethics
- Well-developed relationship management and communication skills, enabling you to build and maintain collaborative partnerships as well as liaise with doctors and cancer patients with sensitivity and discretion
What we can offer you
This part-time (0.6FTE) fixed term position for 12 months provides a salary within range $58,002 - $64,192 pa ($34,800 - $38,515 pro rata) plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 4 November 2018