Full time, 12 month contract
About the opportunity – based in Sydney
NPS MedicineWise has established an excellent reputation for our work in programs, products and services to improve the quality use of medicines and medical tests in Australia.
Our MedicineInsight data set is building a reputation as the most credible, ethically governed and validated source of longitudinal data from general practice clinical information systems in Australia.
It is the preferred data source:
- For quality improvement in primary care
- To support the decisions of regulators and payers at all stages of the health technology life cycle (particularly for medicines)
- To inform policy development implementation and practice in primary care
- To develop the research base and understanding of the quality of primary care delivery in Australia
- To support research for better patient outcomes in primary care.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an epidemiologist/senior researcher to provide operational leadership to our expanding team of epidemiologists and data scientists as we develop products designed:
- To provide insights in primary care, including for government and Primary Health Networks, to form evidence based policy and evaluation of policy and regulatory reforms.
- For researchers to build the knowledge base for health care, medicines and test use.
- For decision-makers at all stages of the drug life cycle: for post-market surveillance, to support risk management plans, to monitor medicines after listing on the PBS, for assessment of PBAC submissions, to support clinical trials, and for pharmacovigilance by governments and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications (eg epidemiology, biostatistics, data science, public health or related health or research discipline)
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of research methods, clinical research, data analysis and scientific writing
- Excellent understanding of pharmaco-epidemiological and/or bio-statistical analysis methods
- Team mentor and coaching skills and demonstrated capability to develop staff
- Sound understanding of planning, budgeting and resource allocation processes
- Demonstrated relationship management and negotiation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to critically analyse situations and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to independently solve problems and manage personal work priorities
- Confident presentation skills and ability to present complex information in a concise and meaningful manner
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication
About the benefits
- Salary packaging
- Additional leave benefits
- Flexible working conditions
- Internal training
- Employee assistance program
About NPS MedicineWise
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, NPS MedicineWise helps people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Sharene Jackson on (02) 8217 8706 for more information.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.