Three year full time contract
Research and Development
St Kilda Road, Melbourne or Alexandria, Sydney location
The Australian Red Cross Blood Service is entrusted with the supply of blood in Australia. We collect and process life-saving blood products for patients in need.
The Research Fellow will contribute to this professional and close-knit team by providing research leadership across a number of projects on blood donation, in particular coordinating a large data linkage project to determine health outcomes related to blood donation.
You will have:
- PhD in epidemiology, public health, biostatistics, or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience working with complex linked data, particularly involving population health datasets.
- Demonstrated experience in leading research projects in an applied setting, from conception to dissemination and translation stages, including responsibility for generating research questions.
- Excellent project management skills including drafting of ethics applications, reporting, data management, and management of milestones and budgets.
- High level expertise in statistical analysis, including use of statistical and programming software packages such as SAS, STATA, SPSS, R, Matlab or similar.
- Knowledge or experience working in the fields of cardiovascular disease, cancer, or age-associated morbidities would be advantageous.
- A previous research role involving collaboration with non-research stakeholders and translating findings to impact on policies or practices would be highly desirable.
- An established track record of publications in high quality journals (essential) and demonstrated success in attracting external research funding (desirable).
You will also be:
- An excellent verbal and written communicator, including dissemination of research findings across a range of academic and applied settings.
- Enthusiastic about conducting research within an applied, multidisciplinary, non-academic setting, particularly the opportunity to translate research findings to improve outcomes.
- Keen to develop expertise and leadership in the blood donation field.
- Great with detail, analytical, able to problem solve and work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with:
- Pride that your work will impact lives for the better
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Corporate rates for private health insurance