Do you have an interest in over-testing, over-diagnosis and over-treatment? In identifying the reasons for low value care and testing strategies to address them?
Do you have an interest in health system sustainability and exploring alternative ways of delivering effective health care services at lower cost?
Do you have an interest in Cochrane systematic reviews of interventions for the prevention, treatment or rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders?
The Monash Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Cabrini Institute, affiliated with the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, is looking for a Research Assistant interested in becoming part of a stellar team of researchers contributing to several NHMRC-funded research collaborations:
- Wiser Healthcare, funded in part by a NHMRC Program Grant (http://wiserhealthcare.org.au);
- Partnership for Health System Sustainability, funded in part by a NHMRC Partnership Centre Grant (http://www.healthsystemsustainability.com.au);
- Australia and New Zealand Musculoskeletal Clinical Trials Network (http://anzmusc.org);
- Cochrane Musculoskeletal Group, funded in part by a NHMRC Cochrane Collaboration Grant (http://musculoskeletal.cochrane.org).
The Research Assistant position will become available as of November 2017. You will need:
- A Honours degree in a health-related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in searching electronic databases and performing literature reviews (systematic reviews desirable)
- Excellent data management skills, including collection, appraisal and analysis of quantitative data (additional experience in qualitative data management desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, research participants and external research partners
- High-level computer skills, including MS Office, EndNote, RevMan (desirable), SPSS/SAS (desirable), NVivo (desirable)
- Proven ability to work independently, use initiative and meet tight deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to plan, organise and achieve work targets, and to report at regular intervals on outcomes relative to milestones
- Interest in musculoskeletal conditions (desirable)
Closing date: 20th October 2017