The Board of the Cancer Institute NSW invite nominations for the position of Chairperson to the NSW Population & Health Services Research Ethics Committee. The Committee assesses research ethics applications in population and public health, data linkage and health services research, including but not limited to the area of cancer.
It is a jointly convened Committee of the Cancer Institute NSW and NSW Ministry of Health. The Committee operates in accordance with the National Health & Medical Research Council National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Research Involving Humans (2007) and other relevant legislation.
Nominations are sought from senior research leaders with:
· Experience on a Human Research Ethics Committee, ideally as a Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson of a HREC; Chair of a Scientific Advisory Committee or sub-committee of the HREC;
· Expertise in population and health services research, and/or analysis of administrative health datasets, disease registers, and linked datasets.
It is expected that applicants will have the following attributes and competencies:
· Strong skills in chairing to achieve consensus and effective and consistent decision making (i.e. sound communication, interpersonal and group management skills);
· Leadership including:-
a) The ability to champion ethical research; and
b) Implement best practice procedures for human research ethics committees;
· Proven ability to be objective, impartial and discharge responsibilities with integrity and discretion;
· Understanding of the principles and practices of good research governance.
· Ability to attend monthly meetings in person at the Cancer Institute NSW located at the Australian Technology Park (Eveleigh NSW)
Submitting a Nomination
To submit a Nomination, you will need to provide:
· A statement with supporting information on your expertise in relation to the selection criteria and how capabilities and expertise align to the desired attributes and competencies;
· A curriculum vitae setting out your skills, experience and qualifications; and
· Details of two referees.
Closing date: Monday 13 February 2017
For further details, contact the Manager, Grants and Research Development