Develop and implement a wastewater surveillance system for the detection and monitoring of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater in Tasmania, undertaking high level epidemiological analysis and reporting, including interpretation of the data in relation to possible community infection of COVID-19.
Undertake analysis and interpretation of COVID-19 and other communicable disease data, and lead or participate in investigations of disease outbreaks and subsequent control activities.
Develop and maintain surveillance activities, including information systems, and prepare high level epidemiological reports.
Salary: $109,108 to $116,218 pro rata, per annum.
Classification: Allied Health Professional Level 4.
Award: Allied Health Professionals Public Sector Unions Wages Agreement 2019.
Period of employment / Hours:
Fixed term full-time shift work (part-time hours may be considered by negotiation) commencing ASAP for a period of 12 months.
• Please note: Other fixed term full-time and part-time vacancies that may arise in the near future may also be filled from this selection process.
Public Health Services - South.
- Develop and implement a sewage surveillance system for the detection and monitoring of SARS-CoV-2 in wastewater in Tasmania, including information systems, and for other communicable diseases as required.
- Identify research needs and data collection processes to analyse and review epidemiological data, in particular SARS-CoV-2 for surveillance purposes including identification of trends and clusters of disease.
- Participate in the collection of data to assist in epidemiological investigations, inform public health policy and programs, and report on contracted services.
- Prepare high level epidemiological reports and contribute expertise to preparation of briefing notes, media, reports, presentations, publications, and ministerial correspondence.
- Provide expert advice to the Department of Health and other key stakeholders on SARS-CoV-2 regulatory matters.
Note: - Please refer to the Statement of Duties for all the selection criteria of this position to address in your application.
- Experience in notifiable disease surveillance and reporting.
- Satisfactory completion of an *appropriate course of study from a recognised tertiary institution.
*appropriate course of study – Postgraduate qualification in epidemiology or biostatistics, or a postgraduate qualification in Public Health.
The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- 1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
For more information (Contact Officer):
Name: Leah Newman
Phone: 0457 044 171
How to apply: Please apply online at www.jobs.tas.gov.au searching vacancy number 525957.
Better health and quality of life around Tasmania. Visit us at www.health.tas.gov.au