About This Opportunity
Opportunity to lead the biostatistics teaching and research in the School of Public Health, one of the top ranking schools in Australasia.
The successful appointee will be required to demonstrate excellence in teaching, research, service and engagement, including a strong track record of supervising Higher Degree by Research students to completion, and of demonstrating impact in their research and engagement activities.
This position is located at our Herston Campus, UQ’s core campus for clinical health teaching and research. Sharing premises with royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and the QIMR Berghofer Medical research Institute, the campus houses a vibrant clinical and research community that delivers innovative and contemporary research and education programs in a clinical academic environment. Conveniently located just minutes from Brisbane’s city centre, there is access to multiple public transport connections, onsite parking and cycling facilities.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a candidates with a completed PhD in biostatistics or statistics, an established profile in teaching and research in biostatistics and National recognition in biostatistics, and an internationally developing profile coupled with an established record of publications in reputed refereed journal and presenting at conferences.
In addition, the successful appointee must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Evidence of having key role in the advancement of biostatistics as part of methodological projects.
- Evidence that contributions have improved the quality of multi-disciplinary research projects.
- A strong record of successfully seeking, obtaining and managing external research funding
- Evidence of a high level of quality teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level across a variety of settings, including small and large groups, and in face-to-face and online modalities.
- A strong track record of course coordination and participation in the development and continuous innovation of new programs, curriculum design and course material in biostatistics.
- A record of supervision of Honours and Research Higher Degree students to successful completion.
- A growing record of meaningful internal service roles in conjunction with a strong contribution to external activities
To be considered for Level D, you must, in addition to the above be able to demonstrate:
- Evidence of successful mentoring of early career academics in teaching, research and research supervision;
- An established national and growing international reputation including sustained research funding and leadership of a research team;
- Leadership of school-based committees and evidence of leadership of external stakeholder partnerships in relation to teaching, research or engagement.
To be considered for Level E, you must, in addition to the above be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to lead strategic research agendas and research teams, with an outstanding international reputation and record of successfully seeking, obtaining and managing significant external research funding.
- Leadership in the development and continuous innovation of new programs, curriculum design and course material in biostatistics.
- An outstanding record of meaningful internal leadership roles in conjunction with a high level of leadership in external activities at a national and international level.
You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
What We Can Offer
This is a full-time, continuing position at Academic level C, D or E. The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range of:
Level C: $121,939 - $140,603
Level D: $146,824 - $161,756
Level E: $189,130
This role includes super of up to 17%.
You will be able to take advantage of salary sacrificing options, recreation leave loading, discounted private health insurance, development programs and many other benefits.
For further information, please review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
Want to Apply?
To submit an application for this role, use the apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter (please indicate in your cover letter which level you want to be considered for)
- Responses to the Selection Criteria
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time