- DREG: Meeting on 23rd March, ‘HOT NORTH’ travel award offered (closing date 23 March - members emailed)
- VTEG: Welcome Joanne Ryan as co-convenor with Sheena Sullivan. Stay tuned for up coming events.
- PEG: Plans for AEA 2018 underway. Details to come shortly.
- NTEG had their first get together for 2018 at the local tapas bar. We welcomed some new faces and rekindled old friendships. The group plans on hosting monthly journal club and epi/biostats special interest group. Look out for more updates and happy snaps!
HOT NORTH Annual Scientific Symposia Travel Award - Eleanor Woodward
I am thrilled for the opportunity to attend this year's HOT NORTH Annual Scientific Symposia, with the help of the AEA Travel Award. I am a Registered Medical Practitioner, taking this year out from clinical work to complete a Master of Public Health at the University of New South Wales. My passion lies in environmental, tropical and indigenous health, and my goal is to work across both the clinical and public health sectors in these domains. This symposia will be a fantastic opportunity for me to build on my knowledge of public health issues in the Northern Territory, and connect with people I hope to be working with in the coming years.
Special Interest Groups:
If you want to join any of the Special Interest Groups you need to choose the relevant SIG in your online membership profile.
- Teaching Epidemiology Special Interest Group (TESIG): Is also up and running.