Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health
2016 Scientific Meeting
3rd-6th May, 2016 in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS – SPECIAL EXTENSION DEADLINE 10th February 2016
Abstract topics can encompass any area of women’s health research, although presentations that encompass a life course perspective are most in keeping with the conference theme of Reaping the Benefits of longitudinal research. This theme will be explored and discussed through the following sub-themes:
- Life Course Research Methods
- Healthy Behaviours, Healthy Lifestyles
- Health Services and Systems: Use, Access and Change
- Intergenerational Issues, Ageing and Caregiving
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Mental Health: Research Towards a Healthier Future
- Abuse and Trauma
- Work, lifestyle and retirement
Types of Presentations
Authors are required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract. Please note that time limits for speakers will be strictly enforced so that there is adequate time for discussion of papers and for other speakers in the session to have their full allocated time.
Following are the presentation options offered at the Scientific Meeting:
· Oral Papers : 10 minutes + 5 minute discussion.
· Printed Posters : A0 in size and presented in portrait page orientation. (A0 size is 841 x 1189mm or 33.1 × 46.8 inches.)
Student assistance information
Research and Higher degree students have the opportunity to apply for the ‘ALSWH student assistance program’. This program is designed to assist students who wish to submit and present their work at the ALSWH Scientific Meeting but may not have the financial means to attend. There are six student assistance scholarships available. The abstract review committee will select the six best submissions and will waive the conference registration fee for the two day Scientific Meeting for these students. The Research or Higher degree student must be the primary author of the work and the assistance program is available for one author per paper.
For further information about the meeting, please visit the conference website.
To submit an abstract, please visit the abstract page.