The aims of the Association are to develop and promote the discipline of epidemiology in Australasia through:
- promoting excellence in the practice of epidemiological methods;
- communication of issues relevant to epidemiologists;
- advocating for funding, capacity building and policy development;
- strategic alliances with related organisations to maintain high standards of public health practice, teaching and research in Australasia
This will be achieved through being an organisation committed to:
- excellence in governance, with;
- a strong member focus.
AEA is governed by a seven member council elected from the membership. Five members of Council form the Executive, namely the President, Vice-President, President-elect, Treasurer and Honorary Secretary. At least one member of Council must be based in New Zealand.
Other roles within council include the coordination of local chapters, and management of the website. The council co-opts a student member to coordinate student matters.
POLICIES, SUBMISSIONS AND RELATED DOCUMENTS
AEA submissions to review bodies:
pdf Expenditure Review Committee (794.2 kB) March 2011
AEA Privacy Policies