The Australasian Epidemiological Association (AEA) invites applications for the 2019 AEA Early Career Travel Awards and the AEA Mid Career Travel Awards.
Applications close Friday, 31st May 2019 and are for travel between 1st June 2019 to 31 July 2020.
There are 3 Early Career awards and 3 Mid-Career awards on offer this year; each award is for $2,500 each. To reflect the different training and workplaces of epidemiologists and biostatisticians and to improve diversity, we will offer an award to each of the following groups:
- An award for a University-based candidate (including MRIs)
- An award for a non-university-based candidate (e.g. health department, NGO)
- An award for a candidate who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander or Māori or Pacific Islander.
- Extra awards may be offered depending on number of applicants and funding available, and subject to Council approval.
The purpose of the award is to support travel for professional purposes. The travel may include attendance at conferences, training courses, and collaborative study visits (successful applications usually include two or more of these).
Applications will be assessed relative to opportunity and will be measured according to:
1) Impact of the proposed travel on the applicant’s career;
2) The wider impact of the travel (e.g. generating new knowledge, improving population health, advancing or sharing methods, training others, etc.); and
3) Track record tailored to the applicant’s experience, including where applicable: awards, publications, grants, translation, fieldwork, NGO work, and contribution to the discipline.