The New Zealand branch of AEA holds regular workshops. Recent past workshops have included:
- 2016 “Big Health Data for Epidemiology”, in Wellington
- 2012 “Global Burden of Disease”, in Dunedin
- 2009 “Uncertainty Analysis”, in Dunedin
- 2005 “Epidemiology and Child Health”, in Wellington
- 2003 “Opportunities and Challenges of Using Routinely Collected Data”, in Wellington
If you have suggestions for a workshop/seminar or you would like to make contact with AEA New Zealand, please email the New Zealand Representative Bridget Kool.
Please note AEA offers The AEA Conference Travel Award for Indigenous Members awarded to indigenous members (1 for Maori or Pacific, and 2 for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders members) who submit exemplary abstracts to the AEA Annual Scientific meeting. More information is available here.
The New Zealand branch also offers student travel awards to assist New Zealand epidemiology students to attend the AEA Annual Scientific Meeting.